Lowes Group of Companies
Department: Technical Department
Post Title: Technician
Reports to: Technical Manager
Salary Range: negotiable depending on experience and qualifications
The Company: Over the years Lowes Financial Management has prided itself on its ability to spot and develop talent to bring out the very best in its people. As a result of this approach, Lowes employs some of the best people in the profession, and due to both forthcoming retirements and expansion we are looking to recruit.
Established in 1971, Lowes has an unrivalled history of providing Independent Financial Advice to a wide range of people throughout the country. Over the years the Company's personal approach to financial planning has helped both clients and Company to prosper and Lowes is regularly recognised as one of the UK's top 100 Independent Financial Advisers.
Experience: The post-holder should have a minimum of 2 years working within a financial services environment.
Education, Training and Qualifications: Computer literate, including Microsoft Office packages, internet, email systems. A minimum qualification of CII Level 4 Diploma.
Skills & Knowledge: Previous experience in a Paraplanner/Suitability Letter/Report writing role.
To review Fact Finds (Financial Questionnaires) to ensure they are compliant and complete suitability letter or report, depending on client status.
Technicians will also be required to liaise with Consultants to ensure they fully understand all recommendations and gather all information required to complete task.
Specific tasks include:
NB: This list is not exhaustive and you may be required to perform other and/or additional duties depending on the needs of the business and your particular skills:
- Review Fact Finds to ensure all information to provide basis of advice is available, in a clear format and correct.
- Review accompanying recommendations ensuring their suitability to meet risk, needs and objectives, affordability, and taxation is clear.
- Ensure investment instruction is completed in full and correct.
- Assign cases to other Technicians depending on their capabilities.
- Complete the Suitability Letter/Report in the appropriate time frame
- Ensure all accompanying documents are provided to support recommendation.
- Carrying out all tasks in a manner consistent with compliance procedures.
- Comply with FCA, Compliance Department, Treating Customers Friendly, Anti Money Laundering Regulations.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required.
If you think you have the required experience and would like to be part of a challenging and stimulating working environment; please forward your CV along with a covering letter and salary expectation to Dawn.McDonald@Lowes.co.uk