With the benefit of 2020 hindsight, its fair to say that a decision to invest in the stock market at the beginning of this year would have been better deferred a few months.
That said, those that invested in a ‘10:10 Plan’ might be somewhat less concerned by their timing, not least because a prolonged recovery could prove relatively much more beneficial for these investors.
The latest Mariana 10:10 Plan should afford similar piece of mind.
There have been over 130 iterations of the 10:10 Plan issued to date. If you haven’t yet discovered this investment, stop and take ten minutes to consider Option 2 of the latest issue by reference to how other investments might perform in various market conditions:
10:10 August 2020 – Option 2:
- Designed to mature on second anniversary, returning original capital plus a gain of 17.5% (£1,750 per £10,000 invested) - if the FTSE 100 is above the 14 August 2020 closing level.
- If not, it will mature on third, or subsequent anniversary when the FTSE is above that level, adding a further 8.75% (£875 per £10,000 invested) potential gain for each year.
- The maximum term is ten years and if it has not matured by then and the FTSE is more than 30% lower, invested capital will be reduced by that percentage i.e. if the FTSE falls, does not recover and is half the 14 August 2020 level on 14 August 2030 only £5,000 per £10,000 invested will be returned.
- Returns and return of capital dependent upon the continued solvency of Goldman Sachs (A+ rated by Standard & Poor’s).
Options 1 and 3 are variations on the theme, offering potential returns for each year held of 7% and 10% respectively.
- Minimum investment £10,000 - Capital at risk
- Investable as an ISA / ISA transfer, Individual, Joint, SIPP, Trust, Corporate, Partnership
- Individual / joint gains taxable only if annual gains from all sources exceed £12,300*
- Can be surrendered from month one but penalties and loss will result
- Can be gifted, bequeathed, and transferred under probate
If your financial adviser does not know about the 10:10 Plan, talk to a truly independent one instead. The 10:10 Plan was created in co-operation with Lowes Financial Management almost five years ago and whilst Lowes does have a commercial interest in the proposition, it will not receive any share of the embedded fees in respect of transactions made by Lowes clients, with any such fees instead being directed to UK registered charities.
Contact Lowes Financial Management for a free initial consultation to discuss the 10:10 Plan and the many other investments like it that have helped Lowes clients prosper over the decades.
To book a free initial consultation with a Lowes Consultant:
Call: 0191 281 8811
*Capital at risk.Tax treatment and allowances are of course subject to change.
DISCLOSURE OF LOWES’ INTERESTS
Lowes has provided input into the concept, development, promotion and distribution of this Plan. The provider’s charges/fees are built into the terms of the investment - Lowes has a commercial interest in the Plan as a result of its involvement in its development and promotion. All Plan returns are stated after allowing for these charges/fees. Where Lowes is involved in advice on or the intermediation of this investment to retail clients, it will not be paid any fee from Mariana for its input.